4601 Washington Blvd, Baltimore, MD 21227
McClung-Logan Equipment Company was founded in 1939 by James (Jim) McClung and John (Jack) Logan, Sr. with one location in a renovated railroad station located on Key Highway in Baltimore, Maryland. During our inception, it was the initial accounts such as Allis Chalmers, Rex Chainbelt and Northwest Cranes that helped to jump-start the business and build a strong foundation for decades to come.
Throughout the 1940’s as our business began to take off, there was a need to expand to a larger space in order to accommodate the company’s steady growth. In 1953, McClung-Logan moved to our current location on a five-acre site along Washington Boulevard in Baltimore which remains the headquarters of our organization today.
During the 1960’s and 1970’s, McClung-Logan established itself as a leader in the construction equipment industry throughout the Mid-Atlantic region, selling and supporting equipment such as Euclid Trucks, Talbert Trailers, and Koehring/Bantam Hydraulic Excavators and Cranes. Dating back to the company’s origin, our founders understood the importance of providing customers with exceptional service and were able to forge strong relationships within the industry that would last for decades.
It was in 1981 when the present form of McClung-Logan began to take shape as Tom Logan, John Logan, Jr., and Robert Matz gained ownership of the company. Then in 1986, Volvo Michigan Euclid (which would become Volvo Construction Equipment) was added to the product line. Around the same time, the company expanded into Manassas, Virginia which helped to better position the business for future growth along the Baltimore/Washington corridor.
In 1997, McClung-Logan Equipment Company entered into a merger agreement with M-L Holdings Company, a privately held investment company led by Robert Matz and Tom Logan. M-L Holdings continues to maintain a growing portfolio of successful heavy construction distributors, crane service organizations and related equipment operations.
In 2005, McClung-Logan continued with its strategy to grow organically and through strategic acquisitions by purchasing from Volvo the Virginia assets and operations in Richmond, Chesapeake, Salem and Wise (formerly operated by LB Smith company). Two more branches were added in 2007 with new locations in Bridgeville, Delaware and Winchester, Virginia.
Darrin Brown was named President of McClung-Logan in 2010 after serving many years in key sales and management roles within the organization. Under Darrin’s leadership, the company has diversified its holdings by adding several new product lines to our portfolio including Gradall, Terramac, K-Tec and Doosan Portable Power.
After 75 years in business, McClung-Logan remains energized and committed to providing our customers with top quality construction equipment and exceptional service. Because our customers know that we are more than just an equipment distributor, we are …Partners For Your Business.